Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Massive Little World - Sonic Egg

On Saturday I joined the Eggsters that made up 'Sonic Egg' at Massive Little World. Located very handily in a pink-floored railway arch in Deptford, Massive Little World is a new space for doing whatever and showing it to people. It was a rather windy blowy day but the egg was boiled and noise was made. I played the Microkorg and used the vocoder for the first time ever which was incredibly exciting and now I want to do it again.

I think I may do it tonight actually as it is my first ever World News Vision performance on Resonance today at 8pm-9pm, I'm doing the clearspot. So tune into Resonance FM 104.4fm this evening if you are in the London area.

The Sonic Egg will be part of the next Patricide magazine, along with my track Inflatable Doll. I think my Foulkestone compadre Richard Sanderson will feature on its CD too, with one of his wonderful melodeon improvisations. He did one on Saturday as well and very good it was too. And thanks to Simon Bartholomew, Neil Coombs and Stephen Kirin for looking after the PA and the day and the egg ...

For now at least, a live recording of the Sonic Egg can be picked up from files.me.com/neilcoombs/8hhbfi.mov

It's also on soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/neil-coombs/sonic-egg-live-at-massive


No comments:

Post a Comment