Search This Blog

Thursday 11 November 2010

Photoshoot, comparing colours

I wanted to post this alongside the Mantegna Saint Sebastian just because the colour palette interests me. Also the shapes of the shower shots with their contained-ness relate somewhat to the saint shots in my opinion. Saints are shown separate from the world, but not yet in heaven in some kind of 'saint box' with their martyrdom.

I'm trying to plan a new series of photos, and am becoming very interested in colour and relating the pictures to previous artist work, which I know is such a cliche but at the moment I can't stop myself. I don't want to manipulate any of the photos digitally, even though they are taken digitally. I want to set myself the rules that they are published how they are framed and taken and then stuffed in the scanner. A bit like Dogma rules in film making.

No comments:

Post a Comment