Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Ten Thousand Stories

I've written a slow song which evolves simply, over two ukulele chords, simple words that repeat. I like the way that the image builds slowly over the two verses and chorus. It's a love song but an oblique one.

Here are the lyrics:-

A house on a street
A room in a house
A bed in a room
A man on a bed
Ten thousand stories

A man on a bed
A bed in a room
A room in a house
A house on a street
Ten thousand stories

It's about a man I once saw sitting on a bed in a house, a long time ago. Now we're going out. So it's a memory of a first moment of love. A feeling that at that time came to nothing.

The ten thousand stories refers to the many stories and possibilities we have inside each of us. We are fascinated by the stories in our lovers. I'm fascinated by the stories inside my boyfriend. So it must be love.

No comments:

Post a Comment